NetApp today announced the availability of new ways for companies to monitor, manage, and optimize their carbon footprints across their hybrid, multi-cloud environments.
“It’s our belief that the world’s ongoing energy challenges require innovative solutions and we are steadfastly committed to continuing to develop energy-efficient technologies and solutions that allow our customers to greatly reduce their carbon footprint. We’re also committed to expanding sustainable practices within our business by setting a bold, achievable target of a 50 percent intensity reduction of Scope 3 Greenhouse Gas emissions by 2030,” said George Kurian, Chief Executive Officer at NetApp.
With new tools and resources announced at NetApp INSIGHT, organizations can more effectively achieve their carbon reduction goals while meeting their customer demands:
- NetApp BlueXP delivers a unified experience across hybrid multi-cloud environments to bring all application and data storage services into a single control plane.
- NetApp Cloud Insights Dashboard is a new feature that reports on power usage and temperature for ONTAP storage.
- Lifecycle Assessment (LCA) carbon footprint reports leveraging the Product Attribute Impact Algorithm (PAIA) methodology.
- NetApp’s 4:1 Storage Efficiency Guarantee covers all ONTAP all-flash systems, including AFF A-Series, AFF C190, All SAN Array, and FAS500f.
- NetApp Cloud Tiering allows companies to automatically and seamlessly move infrequently used data from on-premises ONTAP storage to the cloud.
- NetApp Cloud Data Sense is a data catalog and classification solution that uses artificial intelligence to map and classify all cloud and on-premises data.
“NetApp’s ongoing commitment to innovation in our product portfolio, combined with the company’s decarbonization efforts, provide organizations with the tools and resources they need to reduce costs, run more efficient operations, and enable emissions-based decision making to achieve their own sustainability goals,” said Cesar Cernuda, President at NetApp.