Linksys celebrating thirty years of networking and WiFi innovation for the home and business this year, has announced the availability of its latest addition to the Linksys family of Velop Whole Home WiFi Mesh Systems, the new Velop dual-band mesh Wi-Fi system. It is a smaller and more affordable WiFi System that is designed and built as the world’s first entry-level flexible WiFi System. It also provides powerful software features found in the Velop Tri-Band offerings including Intelligent Mesh, advanced parental controls, website blocking, Amazon Alexa compatibility, as well as ease of use and set up with the Linksys App. Features include:
- Powerful Dual-Band Technology–Each Velop node is a Dual-Band AC 2×2 802.11ac Wave 2 with MU-MIMO radio configuration with combined speed up to 1300 Mbps.
- True Modular Mesh Design – Each node is built to connect with each other over WiFi or wired Ethernet or combination of the two for best performance. They auto configure to connect in multiple different mesh topologies.
- Intelligent Mesh Technology – Intelligent Mesh Technology is aimed at simplifying Wi-Fi networking and optimizes end-to-end performance. The Velop system adapts to a user’s WiFi needs. It self-heals and optimizes to consistently deliver fast, flawless WiFi everywhere in home.
- Velop Dual-Band and Tri-Band are interoperable – It is the most flexible WiFi system which users can simply select a Velop system based on size of their home, internet service package or smart home readiness. Velop users can use both the Tri-Band and Dual-Band versions on the same network. Adding a Dual-Band node to an existing Tri-Band mesh network is an affordable way to extend coverage.
- Easy App-Led Setup – Linksys App-based set-up makes it easier than ever to setup and manage a network.
- Patent-Pending Spot Finder Technology – The placement of each node is critical to establish a reliable connection. During setup, Velop will recommend the best placement to reduce latency, maximize throughput and improve range and signal strength.
- Velop works with Amazon Alexa – Velop includes custom Amazon Alexa “skills” that can turn the guest network on/off and read back the credentials of both the main and guest networks
- Automatic Updates – With automatic software updates, Velop will always remain up-to-date and highly secure without having to update hardware. It automatically monitor for updates and apply new software that unlock new features, resolution to security vulnerabilities, and improved performance as they become available.
- Superior Warranty and Support – Velop comes with a 3-year warranty and support